Senior CPC official meets foreign delegates to B&R forum
May 16,2017 By:Xinhua
View Original Image
BEIJING, May 16, 2017 -- Liu Yunshan, a senior official of the Communist Party of China (CPC), met with a group of foreign delegates attending the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation here on Monday.
China is willing to enhance exchanges between parties, think tanks and people so as to help build the Belt and Road into a road of peace, prosperity, opening up and innovation as well as a road connecting different civilizations, said Liu, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee.
The foreign delegates, who attended a session on people-to-people bonds during the forum, said they will continue to support the Belt and Road Initiative and bring more groups to participate.
In a separate meeting with Andres Pastrana, president of Centrist Democrat International (CDI) and former president of Colombia, Liu said the CPC values its exchange with the CDI and its member parties and stands ready to strengthen dialogue and mutual understanding with them.
Pastrana said the forum had great historic significance, noting that Colombia and other Latin American countries are ready to increase people-to-people bonds with China and actively engage in the Belt and Road development.
- Xi urges China, Poland to set up paradigm of Belt and Road cooperation
- Decorations set to greet upcoming Belt and Road Forum in Beijing
- Photo exhibition on Belt and Road Initiative opens at UN headquarters
- Conference themed on China-Turkey economy relations under B&R Initiative held in Ankara
- Landscape lighting illuminates Beijing to greet Belt and Road Forum
- Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation opens in Beijing